Application process: When you have read the brochure thoroughly and decided that this is an opportunity that suits you, we will need following:
- Application form
- Dear host family letter
- 3-4 smiling photos with children and 1 photo with family
- 2 personal recommendation (reference)
Original version of the following documents:
Photocopy version of the following documents:
- Passport (all pages, even the empty ones)
- Resident permit (front and back) – if already living abroad
- Certificate of good conduct/police clearance
- Proof of single status
- International driving license (if applicable)
- School certificates
- Medical certificate to be filled in by you and your doctor
In addition, you can add a video clip
to your application.
Please note that everything must be written in English. The passport picture on the 'Passport Photo form' has to meet the Dutch passport criteria
. The v-number on this form is not necessary for au pairs.
To register in the Netherlands, you will need a birth certificate, which is:
- translated in to English
- legalized by ministry of Foreign Affairs and Legalized by the Dutch embassy or
- certified with an apostille certificate.
It takes time to translate and legalize the birth certificate. Please start in time.
After we have received your complete application and you have been accepted to the program we will start the process of finding you a suitable host family. When we believe we have found a host family for you, we send them your application. The family then often calls you directly in order to talk to you personally and see if you are interested. If they decide that
they want to invite you, we send you their formal invitation, information on how to apply visa (if necessary), complete information about the host family, contracts from the family and other necessary information.
All au pairs who find a host family with help of Au pair Amsterdam will have support from Au Pair Amsterdam from the moment there is a match between the au pair and the host family.